Apple vacations uses a rating system based upon apples. The minimum Apple rating is a 2 red apple and the highest rating is a 6 golden apple.
Red apples are the rating designated by Apple vacations to indicate quality of the hotel. Ratings are given based upon a multitude of factors: hotel services offered, quality of the beach, quality of the food, room quality, etc.
Golden apples are ratings given by you, the travelers. When Apple vacationers provides Apple with many excellent reviews about a hotel, the hotel is then given a golden preferred status. This is to help you know what travelers just like yourself are saying about the resorts.
Just because a hotel does not have a golden rating does not mean it is a bad hotel. Some resorts have not been open long enough to have earned a golden rating. The ratings are also periodically reviewed and changed to meet the current opinions of travelers and to reflect any changes a resort may have recently gone through. This is the reason a resort may have been a golden rating when you went there and now it is a red apple, or vice versa.
When in doubt, give us a call! Since we specialize in these hotels we can give you feedback from our own clients as well as personal opinions about the resorts we have visited ourselves.
Are you dreaming of the perfect Dominican beach vacation? With so many all inclusive resorts to choose from, how do you decide which is the best? We’ve rounded up the top 10 most popular resorts of 2013 to help make your choice a little easier. If you are having a hard time deciding where to stay, let our clients help make that choice a little easier for you! You will see a brief comment left by clients of ours for each resort listed below.
- Riu Palace Bavaro - This was our first all inclusive and don’t know why we did not do this in the past. Outstanding experience, no surprises and everything went as planned. Will do it again in a heartbeat! – Charles
- Now Larimar - Pool side entertainment was excellent. Rooms very up to date and well maintained. Beautiful ppl; easy to find loungers; servers come by to take drink orders; Always activities in and around pool. – Mike
- Dreams Palm Beach - Liked the option with the Explorer kids club. Care givers were great. Would go back and have recommended to others because of the kids club. – Christine
- Dreams Punta Cana - We had a great, great time. Every one was so helpful and courteous. Good was not good enough, it had to be excellent and believe me, everything was excellente! – Anna Marie
- Iberostar Grand Bavaro - Exceptional service! Was met with a cool cloth and cold drink. Had a butler. Great room service! Great vacation. Will definitely go back to this resort! – Debra
- Iberostar Bavaro - Great time for our entire family. Lots of activities and lots of relaxing. Kept discovering new things each day. – Deborah
- Ocean Blue - Second time at OceanBlue and it was great. Pools were great and BIG. Rooms were big and nice. – Nelly
- Riu Palace Punta Cana - Go RIU Palace, once you go Palace you will not choose another! – Margo
- Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro - Everything went really well, we had a great time, and it was a great vacation overall. The pools were very good, the food/drinks were super, and all the staff was very nice. – Lynn
- Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe - This was a 5 star resort for a 3 star price. Awesome deal and once my son is older I wouldnt mind going back had a awesome kids area. – George
Looking for the perfect family excursion in Jamaica? Look no further than the Mystic Mountain Tranopy! Bobsled, Zip-line Canopy & Sky Lift Explorer your day away in the jungle of Jamaica!
Bobsled Jamaica, the parks signature attraction takes riders on a 1000m gravity driven ride in custom designed bobsleds. Bobsled Jamaica takes you on a thrill ride through tropical landscapes on sleds like you were a member of Jamaica’s Olympic team.
Sky Explorer is a state-of-the-art chairlift, surrounded by the natural beauty of the rainforest, that sends you soaring above the treetops to the peak of Mystic Mountain. The descent carries you through the heart of the canopy, giving you firsthand glimpses of the wonders of the tropical seaside forest.
And finally you won’t want to miss the opportunity to speed through the heart of the forest on the popular Zip-line-Canopy tour or just lounge at the infinity pool and rush down the water on a 75m water slide.
Your excursion will include: resort pickup and drop off, entrance fees, a guide and lunch! The perfect way to enjoy Jamaica!
Puerto Vallarta-Mexico, This exciting jeep safari is designed to give adventurous explorers the opportunity to discover traditional “Old Mexico” villages and the flora & fauna in the mountains & jungles of the Mexican Outback. You’ll feel like you’re traveling back in time, to a day when life was less hectic. Board a specially designed Mercedes Benz all-terrain vehicle, as you explore mountain streams, pass forgotten villages and traverse over bumpy terrain on a mission to reach the heart of the Sierra. Your ecologically trained guides will take you on an 45-minute educational nature walk, and encourage you to discover and explore the amazing flora and fauna tucked in the canopy of the jungle. After exploring the jungle, you’ll head for a golden expanse of virgin coastline, where you’ll enjoy an barbeque lunch before relaxing on the white sands of a beautiful, secluded beach. The perfect way to check out Puerto Vallarta!
Included in your excursion:
- Mercedes 4×4 all-terrain vehicles departure
- Professional Bilingual Adventure Guides
- Guided nature walk
- Guided tours of local villages and farms
- Snacks and beverages during day
- barbeque Lunch on the beach
- Open domestic bar on the beach
When you hear it said that Negril Jamaica has some of the best beaches in the Caribbean it’s easy to imagine the powdery white sand and warm turquoise waters but to fully understand what makes these beaches the best you must visit personally. I was lucky to be able to visit the Riu Palace Tropical Bay this summer with my husband, brother and sister-in-law. Having visited Jamaica only once before, the Montego Bay area, I was excited to see this amazing beach I’d heard so much about. And rest assured, the beach at the Riu Palace Tropical Bay delivered! Calm waters make swimming in the ocean the only thing you’ll want to do in this vacation paradise. Plan ahead and take a raft with you and you won’t be sorry, for hours I floated around the roped off beach area at leisure. Being only 5’1″ ocean swimming can sometimes be a little perilous for me, it’s easy to get knocked over by a wave or be over my head deep in water while others are standing only chest deep, but the beach at the Riu Palace Tropical Bay is a much more gradual slope than many other Caribbean destinations. I was able to walk way out in the bay without worry of not touching. If you’ve been considering a waterproof camera this is the best place to bring one. The crystal clear Caribbean waters are perfect for finding star fish in the sand, catching shots of colorful fish swimming at your feet and snorkeling to your hearts delight! If you’re a beach lover at heart the Riu Palace Tropical Bay is the perfect vacation retreat for you! We loved it so much we only got in the pool twice!
With 2014 just around the corner, Dream Vacations would like to wish you a Happy New Year. May the coming year bring you new beginnings and a prosperous year. As the clock strikes 12 on Dec 31st, it will be a time to wish all of your friends and loved ones Happy New year. We look forward to helping you find the perfect celebration (or vacation) for the year ahead!