Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun offers adults an extra measure of romance and sensuality in an exquisite luxury setting. Immerse yourself in Unlimited-Luxury where everything is included: Elegantly appointed rooms and suites with 24-hour concierge and room service. Multiple gourmet restaurants and lounges serving premium beverages. Endless day and evening activities, all in a spectacular setting.
Today we celebrate one of the worlds most influential music icons of all time, Bob Marley. The following information was found on the official Bob Marley website at www.bobmarley.com, check it out! And to make you smile on the wonderful day, be sure to listen to “One Love” by Bob Marley at least once today!
The Bob Marley biography provides testament to the unparalleled influence of his artistry upon global culture. Since his passing on May 11, 1981, Bob Marley’s legend looms larger than ever, as evidenced by an ever-lengthening list of accomplishments attributable to his music, which identified oppressors and agitated for social change while simultaneously allowing listeners to forget their troubles and dance.
Bob Marley was posthumously inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1994; in December 1999, his 1977 album “Exodus” was named Album of the Century by Time Magazine and his song “One Love” was designated Song of the Millennium by the BBC. Since its release in 1984, Marley’s “Legend” compilation has annually sold over 250,000 copies according to Nielsen Sound Scan, and it is only the 17th album to exceed sales of 10 million copies since SoundScan began its tabulations in 1991.
Bob Marley’s music was never recognized with a Grammy nomination but in 2001 he was bestowed The Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award, an honor given by the Recording Academy to “performers who during their lifetimes, have made creative contributions of outstanding artistic significance to the field of recording.” That same year, a feature length documentary about Bob Marley’s life, Rebel Music, directed by Jeremy Marre, was nominated for a Grammy for Best Long Form Music Video documentary. In 2001 Bob Marley was accorded the 2171st star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame by the Hollywood Historic Trust and the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, in Hollywood, California. As a recipient of this distinction, Bob Marley joined musical legends including Carlos Santana, Stevie Wonder and The Temptations.
In 2006 an eight block stretch of Brooklyn’s bustling Church Avenue, which runs through the heart of that city’s Caribbean community, was renamed Bob Marley Boulevard, the result of a campaign initiated by New York City councilwoman Yvette D. Clarke. This year the popular TV show Late Night with Jimmy Fallon commemorated the 30th anniversary of Bob Marley’s passing with an entire week (May 9-13) devoted to his music, as performed by Bob’s eldest son Ziggy, Jennifer Hudson, Lauryn Hill, Lenny Kravitz and the show’s house band The Roots. These triumphs are all the more remarkable considering Bob Marley’s humble beginnings and numerous challenges he overcame attempting to gain a foothold in Jamaica’s chaotic music industry while skillfully navigating the politically partisan violence that abounded in Kingston throughout the 1970s.
One of the 20th century’s most charismatic and challenging performers, Bob Marley’s renown now transcends the role of reggae luminary: he is regarded as a cultural icon who implored his people to know their history “coming from the root of King David, through the line of Solomon,” as he sang on “Blackman Redemption”; Bob urged his listeners to check out the “Real Situation” and to rebel against the vampiric “Babylon System”. “Bob had a rebel type of approach, but his rebelliousness had a clearly defined purpose to it,” acknowledges Chris Blackwell, the founder of Island Records, who played a pivotal role in the Bob Marley biography by introducing Marley and the Wailers to an international audience. “It wasn’t just mindless rebelliousness, he was rebelling against the circumstances in which he and so many people found themselves.”
Found on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, Secrets The Vine Cancun is located on one of the world’s most picturesque beaches, the enticing white sand beaches of the Caribbean Sea. This resort presents 495 graciously appointed guest rooms with private balconies revealing awe-inspiring views of the Caribbean Sea and Laguna Nichupte. The stunning 12,580 square foot Secrets Spa by Pevonia is designed for relaxation and rejuvenation evoking the magical world of the Cenotes.
Every year I compile a list of Dream Vacations top sold or most recommended resorts in the previous year. This list seems to be very similar year after year which means two things; 1: We recommend resorts based on the individuals needs and desires and we feel that the below resorts fit most traveler needs. 2: The below resorts all have a great following of return travelers year after year so you know they are doing something right!
So if you are having a hard time deciding where to stay, let our clients help make that choice a little easier for you! You will see a brief comment left by clients of ours for each resort listed below. Now is the best time to book your Spring Vacation because rates will not go down from now, they will normally all go up as we get closer to these popular dates such as Easter Break. Give us a call NOW with the resort you want to stay at this year and make 2014 your best vacation year yet!
Here is a list of our top sold resorts in Riviera Maya in 2013. If you are having a hard time deciding where to stay, let our clients help make that choice a little easier for you! You will see a brief comment left by clients of ours for each resort listed below.
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya - Service in the lobby, restaraunts, buffets was excellent! We had a few of the servers multiple meals and they remembered us each visit. They were so friendly! – Natalie
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar - Pool was great. Lots of outdoor entertainment. Beach was great. This was my first trip to Mexico. I’ve never seen water so beautiful. We never stopped eating and drinking. Entertainment was great. My friends and I were called up on stage multiple times to dance with the Star Friends. Had a blast! – Michelle
- Iberostar Tucan - Beautiful beach loved it. Drinks were excellent, food was good. Nice shows every night. Beautiful room. – Gwendolyn
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso - Great variety of food. Clean and great service. Star friends work hard at evening entertainment. Everything was super clean! Would go there again! – Gabrielle
- Iberostar Paraiso Lindo - Biggest pool I have ever seen. Great beach w/moderate waves. Food was very good. Kids had fun every night. Great service. Will go back! – William
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun - Large number of pools spreads the people out. Plenty of clean sand at the beach. Top of the line in food and drinks. Lots of shows and entertainment. Entire staff was excellent. – Scott
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa - The pools were beautiful, clean and the perfect temps. Gorgeous beach – loved the chairs and beach bar service. The dining options were amazing. Everything was fresh, delicous and plated beautifully. I can’t get over how gorgeous the rooms were and we all loved the plunge pools. – Diane
- NOW Sapphire Riviera Cancun - This was our 2nd time back, and very happy…staff and bartenders go above and beyond, to make you happy! Outstanding! – Michele
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba - The Grand Bahia properties are lovely, manicured landscape and exceptional service. Very large and lots of walking, but that was fine since we ate so much of the great food. – Catherine
- Grand Palladium Colonial & Kantenah - This was our second time and we would deffinitly go there again and recommend it to others. The pools were clean and the water was beautiful. Great drinks and bar service. There was plenty of food, tasted great and the service was wonderful. – Joseph
In one word this hotel is GRAND! The Iberostar Grand Paraiso is located just 20 minutes north of Playa Del Carmen, Mexico Champagne and cold towels will greet you as you enter the marble floored lobby. The amazing lobby atrium, complete with a ceiling mural, fountains and lounge chairs beckons, as it’s time to take a load off and begin relaxing. Your long awaited Adults only beach vacation is here!
I have found that almost any time you fly out on a week day and return on a week day, you will get a better price on your airfare. The hotels usually don’t change price based on the days of the week you are staying there. So, if you can leave on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday we will most likely be able to get better prices on your flights.
If planning on traveling around a major holiday such as Christmas or Easter, we will also recommend that the further in advance you can make your reservations, the better the ticket prices normally will be. Having some flexibility helps when planning your trip for the best price but being open to “anything anywhere,” actually makes your vacation specialists job more difficult to help you find exactly what you are looking for. Help us help you, have a date range in mind, a destination in mind and let us know what you like to do while on vacation at an All Inclusive Resort!